Sony continued to invest in its Xperia series and came up with this advanced model called the Xperia ARC, also known as X12. As usual there are similarities in the design with its previous version but for the price and quality assurance that Sony provides, ARC is bound to turn few heads for another look. Launched in 2011, Sony aimed to bank on the good reviews of the previous models and provide to market a slightly middle range phone.
This decade has seen the obsession with big screens and Xperia ARC is a good example with 4.2 inch capacitive touch screen. It’s geared up with 1 GHz processor and highly powerful 8.1 megapixel rear camera, complemented well by LED Flash and Auto Focus technology. The phones has a resolution of 854×480 pixels capable of Full HD video recordings. With an upgraded RAM of 512mb, OS run on google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and more than useful battery life of 1500 mAH, phone is quite capable of running multiple high end programs and games. X12 is available in trademark Sony colors i.e. White, Silver & blue with inbuilt memory of 512 MB, expandable till 32 GB. It also has standard features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM, 3.5 mm Jack headphones and is quite light weight at just 117 gm.
Sony X12 has some great features like:
1. Perfect Fit – this phone is just the right size, not too big and not too small, easily fits in the pocket and has a sleek design.
2. Music Player – Sony continues to provide the best in class audio quality for music lovers
3. Camera – having Mobile BRAVIA engine, and Sony Exmor R as the image sensor, picture quality is envious
4. Android OS – Sony launched the phone on 2.3 Gingerbread Android OS but soon upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
5. Google Play store – Music, Games, Apps are just a click away with the play store
It did have a couple of areas which could have been better:
1. No Frontal Camera – for a phone of its price, frontal camera is a definite miss
The phone is going to have a lot of competition from similar products like Nokia E8 & Samsung Galaxy series but has the potential to garner good market share with the power packed features.