SDR- H80 by Panasonic is a regular and approved- definition camcorder which has a 60 GB hard drive for storage up to 14 hours of the high quality MPEG-2 video. There is also an SDHC/SD card slot on the side for additional storage. Nonetheless, the main attraction of H80 is its absurdly long 70x zoom lens, which can get you a lot closer to your object when you are very far away. Gratefully, there is also optical image stabilization (but actually, there is no amount of counterpoise and compensation which is going to avoid the shaking of this lens when it is completely extended) and it is all built in a very compact body. The only lacking that Panasonic left in this device is it cannot afford a better quality for the H80’s price!
Key features and specifications
• The price of H80 SDR is about the range of 400 $.
• The dimensions are: 2.1 inch x 2.6 inch x 4.2 inch
• The weight of the camera along with media and battery is 12.8 ounces.
• The storage capacity of the camera is 60 GB hard drive in SD or SDHC card type.
• It gives a resolution of 800K pixels from which 290K is effective in the ratio of 4:3- sensor type. The type is 1/8” CCD.
• The LCD display size is 2.7 inches and gives a resolution of 123K dots.
The good about the product
• It has manual controls.
• The hard drive has the capacity of 60 GB
• You can zoom up to 70x with the optical zoom feature with counterpoise
The Bad about the product
• The video quality is only mediocre.
• The USB and power input is given behind the battery which makes it inconvenient for usage.
The bottom line
The SDR- H80 by Panasonic has zoom power like a telescope and an ample storage in a small body. But the video quality is not very good. Overall, the product can be rated 6.6/10 based on the following
• Features (7/10)
• Image quality (6/10)
• Design (7/10)
• Performance (6/10)